Be advised, BW Broadcast has released a new firmware update for the V3 range of FM transmitters.
The version number is 3.2 and is available for free download from the BW website HERE
Please be sure to download the correct firmware for the correct model.
This version addresses a number of issues:
- Web remote and/or network interface could spontaneously fail in some situations
- When using dynamic RDS (DRDS), changing DHCP setting could cause front panel to freeze
- Some serial interface issues with Dynamic RDS
And other bug-fixes.
To update your V3 transmitter, please carry out the following procedure:
- Download the file from the website above, ensuring it is the correct one for the power level of your transmitter
- Log into the web remote of the V3 transmitter
- Click on the ‘update firmware’ link
- Navigate to the file you just downloaded
- Wait while the file uploads to the transmitter; the transmitter will reboot.
Important: Please do not interrupt the power to the transmitter during the upgrade.
Note that the transmitter will go off air during this process, for up to 5 minutes.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us here at Pippin Technical, or the BW Broadcast support team.